View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by suzzi View Post
ok my story im woman of 39 and have drank most of my adult life, going out as a teenager on the weekend, but didnt drink in the week, then when i met my kids dad i hardly drank for about 5 years, he was violent and wouldnt let me go out with my friends, i left him when i was 25, i drank occassionally for the next few years. my heavy drinking started when my kids went to school and i went back to work id have a glass to unwind at night this turned into every night and a then a bottle most nights, i then met my husband who liked a drink and we used to enjoy going out at the weekend and drinking during the week, this has been like it for the last 10 years ive drunk several cans of strong beer and then the wine, not every night but most of them, i did quit drinking for 9 months last year as i fell pregnant, all my blood tests during pregnancy were fine and i didnt crave alcohol, i also told myself id cut down once the baby was here, unfortunatly that hasnt happened i do have a few days off a week and only drink beer now no wine, iam at the stage where im petrified ive done my liver loads of damage and ill end up dead, im having an alcohol free week this week which will hopefully carry on for a few weeks, im just stuck in a rut and dont know what to do or where to turn, im also on tablets for anxiety and when i have a panic attack the drink helps .

sorry for long post xx
Actually, I think the drink hurts in the long run .....
I found sobriety and the treatment for panic attacks and anxiety in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R