View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stressedwife

Thanks KatieKate. Throw into this equation that I am helping my Mom out. She's 86 and still independent but does need help with many things and has a few health issues too. I honestly don't know why I didn't leave hubby many years ago. Glutton for punishment? I don't know. I'm no angel...I've certainly don't some not so proud things in the past myself to add to the stress, etc. I have found lately that I'm more apt to talk back to him when he gets verbal or just in general. SLowly I'm turning my thinking to helping myself and not worrying about him...focus on me. I have joined Curves and that helps, but not much if I don't stop eating lol. I know he has to want to quit, has to want to help himself. He comes from a family of alcoholics. His step brother is one but in recovery for quite a few years now. He had to hit rock bottom to come back up. His Mom was a functional alcoholic just like him. She worked full time and drank at night. Sometimes I wonder if it might be easier for me to get a handle on my food addiction if I moved out and wasn't around him all the time. I will look into Alanon. Thanks so much for your input.