Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AcceptingChange

It's extremely difficult, no doubt. You need to tell yourself constantly "this is and will be the hardest thing i ever do." H takes away all your manhood, makes you satisfied with yourself even when your wetting yourself, s-hit-ing yourself, and ready to steal from everyone around you. And somehow, through that cloudy haze of non-reality, it tells you that "it's fine, i'll quit tomorrow." But you won't quit tomorrow if you don't quit today.
Look at your situation right now. There will NEVER, EVER be a better time to quit. EVER.
Your parents got your back, they're paying for heat, food, and other stuff that would be much more expensive without them.
Don't listen to any lies your addict mind creates like "Someways i feel like what's the point I should just sell all my possessions and become a street junkie. It's not like people with possessions and normal lives and sobriety are that much happier anyways."
Jeez, that is the most effed up lie any person tried to convince themself of. Homeless is better? Jeezus h krist it is not better, it is awful. Awful. And maybe everyday people aren't glowing happy, but they aren't constantly body sick & suffering.
If you want a role model, read everything you can about Layne Staley. That guy had everything. And H made him miserable every breathing moment.
Last Days of Layne Staley

TODAY is the day to quit. NEVER give up.