Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dunitall

Scared

Hi

I am well into recovery and have been dry for almost two months now.....apart from Monday this week when I failed to deal with some personal issues. I drank some wine and didn't tell her. Stupid, stupid, stupid. We are both attending counselling and are making good progress. Having been sober for some time now, I am more in touch with my emotions. I cry quite a lot, but I also lose my temper..... Not with my fiancee, but she obviously takes the brunt of my stress.

My fiancee is having a break from us for a few days and is attending her ex-b/f's wedding. I was supposed to go with her, but she decided that time out was best for her. I respect her feelings, but I just feel very unhappy and alone at the moment. It is tough for us both, but I know what is expected of me.

She is a wonderful girl and importantly, I believe now that I am a decent bloke. We have some way to go, but with reasonable luck I hope we can begin to plan our own wedding.

I have gained a lot of strength from this site and through counselling. Just feeling very low at the moment.

Rich