View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
vinepest

Originally Posted by LifeBlows View Post
I did treatment for 2.5 months. I was sober while I had to be because I was in treatment. I don`t know what to do. Yes I`m in AA. Yes I have a sponsor that I will shortly be starting to work the steps with. I don`t want to die of this.
Don't get down on yourself. You can stay sober. It is completely in your power to not pick up a drink---as long as you choose not to pick up.

At the end of the day, you just have to make the right decisions. It's all up to you man. It's great that you've got an AA sponsor and that you've sought treatment, but those things are only for support so that you can do what you need to do---to make the right decisions.

Lots of people have learned to make the right decisions. You can too. So cheer up!

But it's not easy. There are no special tricks that are going to make getting sober a walk in the park. For a while it's going to be very unpleasant. But if you remain steadfast and resolute, you'll get through it, and after a while you'll start feeling a LOT better. Just stick it out man! You can do it, and there are plenty of people around to help encourage you along the way.

Good luck!