View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
langkah

Originally Posted by LifeBlows View Post
I did treatment for 2.5 months. I was sober while I had to be because I was in treatment. I don`t know what to do. Yes I`m in AA. Yes I have a sponsor that I will shortly be starting to work the steps with. I don`t want to die of this.
Same here. What I found to be true and believe is true for those of us who just can't stay sober is that if we are willing to call before we drink, and make our best effort to progress through our steps without flaking out, running off, or shortcutting things we are able to stay sober.

And those who choose to veer off and follow their inspired ideas eventually suffer from their choices.

No one I know likes to do this stuff, but the alternative is less pleasant. And on the other side of all that work is a good life where alcohol and all the drinking trouble is no longer the least concern.

So if you don't want to drink the rest of your life and more importantly live far better, then do those things. Not a complicated equation.

I'm a guy who couldn't stay sober for more than a few weeks or rarely some months. Often I'd decide firmly not to drink and wouldn't last a day. In another week I'll complete 30 years of this solution working well. No booze, no drugs.

You could be saying the same in April of 2042, unless of course you come up with a better plan along the way. Then you're pretty screwed.