View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leemzer

Originally Posted by instant View Post
MF
Your storey is similar to mine. I was sick of the struggle of keeping a lid on it, and wasting my spare time, health and relationships etc. The final hook to keep me in were ideas relating Fridays and other times needing to be 'special'.

See you around.
INSTANT---THANK YOU! This is the most "Me" statement I have ever read. In all of my research I came across a statement once that sooo clearly defined me: "The problem drinker, with help, usually comes to the realization that it is easier to abstain altogether than to attempt to moderate." Well, it was something like that. And the evil quality that drinking is somehow a "reward." I used to feel the same way about cigarettes. What a bunch of bunk. Thank you so much for this simple post. Sometimes these are the ones that hit you in the gut! Also, manfriday, welcome. You will find support here. There are many of us on here like you who don't drink every day but cannot control our drinking when we do....I would be one of those men. Feel free to reach out when you need to. I and others on here are always here to lend a helpful ear. You will find this board is full of exceptional, warm folks. You can do this!
LMZR