View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
nonblondechef

Good morning, all. Here in Joplin, Missouri the day is just getting started for us working folks on this lovely Easter morning.
Congratulations to everyone for making it through. Holidays are hard. Yesterday I made 12 weeks and on Friday the 13th it will be my big 90 day birthday. This time last year I was looking forward to the day ending so I could come home and drink a vat of wine. This year I am sober, excelling at my job, laughing, enjoying my employees and thinking about getting a dog because at the ripe old age of 53, I have become, yet again, responsible. I can accept the challenges of pet ownership and enjoy the unconditional love a pet brings to one's life. Alcohol no longer controls any part of my life. My life had become unmanageable because of the poison that consumed 6 or seven hours of my day. Now I am able to say I do not drink. Trust me, gang, if I can do this, you all can do this, too. One foot in front of the other. Small steps lead to huge accomplishments. I am proud of all of the efforts you are all putting forth and wish you all a beautiful, peaceful sober Sunday.