Notices

anyone awake? im struggling

Old 04-08-2012, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anyone awake? im struggling

If anyone is awake I could use someone to talk to
Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same here, it's my first day and have just sat through Easter alone. Have not seen a soul. Killing me
Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try the chat room here on SR. I will be in there. Or just spill your guts in a thread here, and check back early & often for replies...trust me, they will come! I posted here on SR daily in the beginning, and it helped me more than I couldve expected. Lots of really good people on this site...

Sorry to hear you are struggling btw
Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The sites a little slow due to the holiday but you'll find people to talk to, Hardy

D
Old 04-08-2012, 02:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I've shut myself in alone all Easter weekend as well. Not necessarily by choice. I could go to visit my parents, but they are both problem drinkers too. There is no where for me to go that will be alcohol-free. It's not so much I think I'll drink, but more that I hate being around drunk people while sober haha.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanx. Unfortunately my phone doesn't let me see the chat..
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hello hardy and luci sorry to hear you are struggling today. It is also my second day and I am ok so far. Try eating i tend to want a drink when i am hungry. You have to stick at it your only abusing yourself if you dont. I know its going to be hard for us but we have taken a big step in reckognising we have a drink problem and we have to look on it as a NEW DAY please dont give in so soon ... sending you best wishes and good luck

Jill x
Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Either reply again here or maybe start a new thread here where you detail whats currently going on with you...people will respond.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jitterbugg View Post
I've shut myself in alone all Easter weekend as well. Not necessarily by choice. I could go to visit my parents, but they are both problem drinkers too. There is no where for me to go that will be alcohol-free. It's not so much I think I'll drink, but more that I hate being around drunk people while sober haha.
I am in a similar boat. Everyone I could see is either interstate or an unhealthy influence for my first day clean.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi , I'm a month or so sober and had 30 years of being anything but.
I have managed you can too. This place will show you support and all you need including various routes to go.
Just think of this place as a giant net. I'm in the UK people from all over the planet on here supporting and trying to find a way forward .
You can do it and you might fail but carry on till you succeed .
John.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Hardy,
not sure in which part of the world you are living but it sounds as if it is in the middle of the night for you. Why don't you call it a day, drink a hot milk, and read a book that will surely let you fall asleep (for me the BB did the trick in early sobriety ).
Tomorrow will be another day.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sun's just setting here in Manila...post away!

And yeah,, being alone can suck, but thank God I was able to make a great meeting today with gobs of sober folk.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What has led to me wanting to break the shackles is that I am sick of being alone. I've spent so much time in the past. Drugs and alcohol have not helped the cause. I recently attended a wedding in Thailand. All the love and talk of marriage amongst friends made me sick. Upside, it may have given me a bit of grunt to want to change a few things in my life and not just accept that this is my life.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning, all. Here in Joplin, Missouri the day is just getting started for us working folks on this lovely Easter morning.
Congratulations to everyone for making it through. Holidays are hard. Yesterday I made 12 weeks and on Friday the 13th it will be my big 90 day birthday. This time last year I was looking forward to the day ending so I could come home and drink a vat of wine. This year I am sober, excelling at my job, laughing, enjoying my employees and thinking about getting a dog because at the ripe old age of 53, I have become, yet again, responsible. I can accept the challenges of pet ownership and enjoy the unconditional love a pet brings to one's life. Alcohol no longer controls any part of my life. My life had become unmanageable because of the poison that consumed 6 or seven hours of my day. Now I am able to say I do not drink. Trust me, gang, if I can do this, you all can do this, too. One foot in front of the other. Small steps lead to huge accomplishments. I am proud of all of the efforts you are all putting forth and wish you all a beautiful, peaceful sober Sunday.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~sb

I also use In The Rooms. It has a chat room and I can get there on my phone. Addiction, Alcoholism - In The Rooms - Drug Addiction Treatment

Hang in there, hardy!!

Hugs,
Old 04-08-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

well day 2 is over and i have done really well ... i swapped drink for hugs from my grandchildren we had a great day good luck everyone xxx see you tomorrow xxxx love jill from uk x