View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
olympia

Hey all! Thanks for the kind words.

Johnny- I saw someone I've never seen before, and liked her a lot. I was able to be a lot more open with her than I'd been with my previous provider- another positive step. I feel like I'm less interested in putting on a face, like it's now or never. I guess, I just feel less infallible now; I am turning 40 this year and have been taking crappy care of myself for a long, long time. I just need to get things done.

Had kind of an interesting dilemma this evening. Was plating my dinner: salmon patty, greens, and grilled sweet potatoes, all of it served alongside barbecue sauce for dipping. After I had everything plated up, my SO pointed out that the barbecue sauce was made with Guinness beer. At that point, I hesitated, wondering if I shouldn't eat the sauce. Seems silly? I ate that same barbecue sauce a few days ago, not knowing it was made with Guinness, not tasting any alcohol, not feeling any, which makes perfect sense, being that even if there was any alcohol left in the sauce after the cooking process, it would be incredibly miniscule in the couple tablespoons I ate. I decided to eat the sauce tonight. The way I see it, I don't need to be obsessively nitpicky about tiny amounts of alcohol- it gives me too much of a perfection mindset to think I should, say, avoid using the vanilla extract I have on hand for cooking. And I'm still using my alcohol-based mouthwash. Any thoughts on this?

Hope everyone's having/has had a good Wednesday!