View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
yellieee

Noone13, we have all been at a point where we felt that there was nothing left and that drugs were the only thing making us feel better. What I have learned since being in recovery is that the drugs are actually making it worse. They make your moods unstable, cause depression, and make it seem like everything besides them is horrible. The truth is, once you fight through the being sick from stopping the drugs, you can finally start to give your chance to see the good in life. I understand that seems like a bunch of b.s but there are things out there to look forward to. Maybe try finding some nondrug related hobbies, a support group, new friends, ect.

When life starts to see overwhelming I try to take a step back, take a long shower, write in my journal and try to redirect my attention towards something I can control such as homework, cleaning, or undertaking a task. I hope that you can find someone you can call and reach out to in some of these unbearable moments. Sometimes all it takes is a phone call and a good conversation with a friend/ family member to put the world back into focus.

I wish you the best and I really hope that things start to look up for you. I remember how it felt to feel hopeless and it is the worst feeling in the world. Maybe finding a therapist you trust and try talking to your doctors about managing some of your symptoms might help. -hugs- Things do get better as long as we take the steps towards making them better. Nothing happens overnight but fighting through the hard days will make things better in the weeks to come. Keep reaching out and eventually you will find something that works for you.

~ Yellieee