Thread: That was close!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
chiyo

Thanks, for a minute I thought that I was being too mean to her and should text her to apologize (I won't go over there when she's drunk) because she's been there for me many times. I wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything about this but we became good friends when we were younger and she helped me get out of an abusive relationship. It was a night I didn't think I was going to survive and she came to my rescue and put her own life on the line for me. I owe her a lot for what she's done and it hurts that I have to refuse to see her now. She probably thinks I'm a terrible person for treating her the way I did today. I just hope that one day she understands and is willing to work on our relationship. I know that if she got sober then we could have that close friendship again, but I know that I can't make her get sober, its something she must want and sadly she doesn't. I want to move out of here, not to hurt her but just to distance myself from her until I'm fully comfortable being around someone who is drunk. She can still contact me anytime but like I told her, I will NOT be drinking with her every again. Earlier I was happy and proud of what I did but now I just feel like a huge a*****e for what I did, I'm just going to have to trust that I am making the right decisions.