Thread: That was close!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chiyo

That was close!

I went over to my neighbors house for a visit today. She likes to drink, a lot. I knew from the time I woke up this morning that it would probably not be the best idea to go, but she drove most of her friends away and boy do I know what that feels like. So I go over there and as soon as she opened the door I could smell the alcohol on her breath. I asked her if we could sit outside so that if I felt uncomfortable it would be a quick hop over the fence and I'd be home. As soon as we started talking she offered me a shot and without thinking I said yes. She started pouring it and it only took me a couple of seconds to realize what I've done and quickly told her that I quit drinking and don't want a shot.

She looked at me as if I had two heads and burst out laughing (add another one to the list of people that don't think I can do it). She then proceeded to talk me into "just one" drink. I got up and very politely (and that was hard as I am a very outspoken person) told her that if she ever needed something she can text me, but if it involves us drinking together then I'll most likely be busy and not to bother.

Next time my heart tells me not to do something I'm going to listen and spare myself the drama, I've had enough of that while I was drinking.