Old 09-29-2004, 08:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
leem03

I would love to attend a meeting with my husband period, speaking or not! For me, I am still in the need to know category. I want to know why all of this happened. It seems to me that if he is constantly asking you to attend one of his speeches and your same reply is that you don't want to "bring it to the front" again, you are already bringing it to the front. Each time he asks you are thinking about it & it's right there again.

Obviously don't go if you really don't think it will help you, but seriously consider going as a final step to truly let go of the past. I think he wants you to hear it so that he has a sense of letting it go too. Like that is one more apology he can give to you. If he wants you to hear it, I can't believe he is going to say much you don't agree with. I can only assume, like Peaches04, that he wants you to know how much you have helped him get to where he is today. A salute to ChillGal in a public forum, would most likely help him and maybe help you too to actually hear him say it to other people.

Just my two cents!