Old 09-29-2004, 08:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paulie
It is what it is!!!

I don't think it is an issue of who's recovery is more important. I am an addict in recovery who is married to an A in recovery. I have heard him speak several times. There have also been times where he was speaking that I did not feel like going...I was there, I know what happened and for whatever reason that night I didn't want to hear it. I think that is what you are saying. But I have also learned that when I am in the mood it is something inside me and really has nothing to do with him. Especially for the fact that I know he does not just tell a drug-a-log, he is sharing the message of recovery and that is what is important for everyone to hear.

What I suggest you think about it is where you said it may bring up old resentments and things. I do get that because before we were married my H and I used together for years, there was lieing, stealing, cheating....all of it. Sometimes those old resentments come up, but again when they do....it is something lacking in me and has NOTHING to do with him.