Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
JoySeeker

I don't take offense to what December posted at all. I actually wanted to get to that type of mind frame to think that way for myself. Do you know if I had thought that way going through what I did, I wouldn't have stuck it out with my ex long at all? Or for that matter, ended it on the first month of dating!

I think this is kind of good, that someone can have the guts to post such a GREAT question. Why do girls, women (any person really) have fear of an abusive person leaving them? And as December said... they just don't get it. The answer to that can be summed up relatively simple. You don't get it because it really doesn't make sense, and most thought processed thinking from a co-dependent or abused person has been altered to think differently.

I've read some pretty on the edge posts from people here and if I recognize something that starts to offend me, I look deeper into WHY it would. It's been about 10 months since I had left my abusive ex and I look at everything so much different. I have been to the point where I feared him leaving. I look back now and understand how twisted my thinking really was, and my self esteem was almost gone then. There is a lot of brainwashing that happens which is scary since it's gradual and slithers in in a very sly manner.