View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
rs2

WOW! It'll be 8 months for our class. My how time has flown. So happy to report that I went to Las Vegas for a week and was COMPLETELY SOBER! That was a 1st for me.

From time to time i look back at the postings of those that are in their 1st weeks of sobriety as a reminder of the wild emotional ride it was to cease alcohol. It is now so easy to pass on ordering a glass of wine or cocktail, but it was so HARD those 1st few weeks/months. Over all, nobody out there really cares wether I drink or not. Of course I've bent over backwards to try and not make them uncomfortable about drinking around me.

Others drinking around me does not seem to be a trigger. My biggest cravings for a cold glass of chardonnay seems to be when I'm mentally very tired from work. I was able to get my Yacht Club to start carrying Buckler beer, which is non-alcholic. I've alawys liked my beer in a glass so many folks at the club are not aware of my sobriety, not that they'd care anyway.

Miss seeing the posts here. Just want to say congratulations to everyone for making it this far! We are 2/3ds of the way to being sober for a year. Way to go!

PrayForStrength; thank you for posting about your relapse and "do-over". As Ive always thought I'd eventually drink again and try to control it, your experience is very enlightening to me. THANK YOU! I hope you are doing well and will keep posting here in the August class.

Piotr: great job! So happy you are sticking with the sobriety and rebuilding your life. I hope your relationships with your family will continue to improve.

Good night & good luck!

Sincerely,
rs2