Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
CanfixONLYme

I think it's nice that a lot of you are sending encouraging messages to Dec, but I guess you missed her reponse to a new person on these boards which was removed by an administrator earlier this morning. Someone who seems to be trying and is new indicated she was "screwed up" but was making efforts like the rest of us. yet Dec only response to her post was something along the lines of "I'm glad you've learned you're screwed up." period... And that my sober recovery posters IS NOT acceptable. The moderator took her post down and my answer (I'm okay with that) because I was furious over the lack of compassion for someone so new and raw into recovery.

I find it appaulling how some (note I say some) feel that since they post frequently on these boards, their comments (esp those of "take what you want and leave the rest") give none of us who are fecking drowning a positive lifeline!!! And if we say something back out of hurt, then WE are the ones with the problem?? That's so messed up.
Arent we here to focus on our own recovery and give examples based on our lives?? When I sense a school ground bullying comment, I'm going to say something even if I dont have anything "new" to say about myself or MY recovery or that I don't post often enough here... Everyone deserves to be heard but when its obvious others are being attacked because of personal frustrations does not give them the right to be mean about it...

I have been through hell and back with my own story and I have tried to post supportive and encouraging comments to others along the way. I don't live on these boards but they have been a lifeline to me that I will always rememember.

... Am I just not getting the rules of posting on here (see above stickies) or is this such an exclusive recovery club that i will never fit into ?? I just don't get it.