View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
soberred

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
When I first came to SR last August 10 I was lonely, isolated, sick, really scared and close to suicidal. I laid it on the line for the first time in four years (I have relapsed after 8 years sober and after 9 years sober). I was so afraid, I wanted to say "please someone, tell me I can do this", and to just not feel so alone and worthless. I was on my way off of this planet, and the love, understanding and wisdom I found on SR truly saved my life. I was so fragile (actually, I still am working on that, aren't we all?). And there have been times in this last seven months that I was so afraid of relapse that I got on here and made it through the night without drinking. Maybe I rely on SR too much, I don't know. And I am working on getting f2f help - I am just stuck right now, whatever. Anyway, for all you good souls that have encouraged me, have posted your experience and made me see something I didn't even realize I didn't see, thank you. I know I am not alone in this - I felt as close to worthless and hopeless as I had ever felt when I got on SR. I don't know what I would have done without the support and understanding I got. I love you guys.
DITTO!