Old 03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SummertimeHigh5

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dawnrunner View Post
"The whites of my eyes have gotten yellowish but not so much my skin. To ME, it seems the longer that I do not drink the better that I look and feel. I have known people with liver problems and they were way more malfunctional than myself but there is just something about the the first three days after drinking. I have even had my liver hurt. Only a few times and it is normally when my stomach is full. I am just getting so worried because everyone else is so worried."

I have to say this: Your post reminds me so much of the messages I received from my older brothers, who both died of alcoholic cirrhosis, in the 2 years leading up to their deaths.

They both thought their skin conditions were due to something else. They both thought that their yellow eyes were a function of something their physicians had failed to diagnose ("Those doctors don't care about me!"). They both in the end founded a hope on a liver transplant. They were not viable candidates. They're dead.
This is me right here. NOW, do you know why I am so afraid? Everyone is afraid and I am definitely NOT denying my problem. HOWEVER, I am not ready to die. I have all of your brother's symptoms and THAT my friend, is why I am afraid to go to the Dr. I know that you are just trying to help but I really did not need to hear that.