Old 03-30-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MycoolFitz

Post Traumatic Get My Sh*t Together After Rehab Syndrome

After coming off a major binge and spending about 28 daze in ER and in-patient rehab I'm feeling much better phyically and mentally/emotionaly but what a train wreck I made of my day to day life when derailed. My apartment is currently unlivable, my fiances gone South, my love relationship deep sixed. Really every facit of my life needs to be addressed and repaired. I know some of you face the similar situations or worse, but dang it can be tough when I'm fragile and focusing on my sobriety and recovery. I am working on acceptance and mindfulnes and understand that putting my life back together is a process not an event.

Curently I am working with my landlady to get my apartment in shape (including no booze anywhere), catching up with finances and rebuilding my credit, attending evening out patient and a weekly support group, AA and meditation and reflection.

Wondering what feeback or recommendations there might be from other SR members. I am committing to recovery 100%, my last detox was so bad I spent the first 3 daze in a wheel chair, too screwed up to walk. I don't think there is another recovery in me and anyway I am determined to make this my last one. I want to die sober (but not just yet) I'm 65 and there is so much more. Thanks ya all and my best to you.