Thread: Crash and Burn
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SeekingGrowth

Crash and Burn

So much for the "pink cloud." I received a phone call last night at about 8:30 from the SLE Director telling me that he had just told my AS to leave. Apparently, he and another member of the house had been caught using. While I was on the phone with this guy, my AS was desperately trying to reach me. The Director has a practice of allowing one "slip" and letting them back in after 72 hours if they test clean. So that's what he's done here. He told my AS he could come back if he tests clean on Monday. Mind you, my AS has only been in the SLE and out of rehab since Tuesday evening - so he made it LESS THAN 48 hours before he used. My position has been that my AS is NOT coming back to my house, period. BUT I was concerned that since he really, truly has nowhere to go, he would end up on the couch of a fellow junkie who is not even attempting recovery, and at that point, all will be lost. My AS would NEVER be able to withstand temptation under those circumstances. So I discussed with the Director letting my AS stay at my house AGAIN until Monday, and if he tests clean, he will go back to the SLE. If he tests dirty, he is out of both my house AND the SLE.

I'm not really comfortable with my decision, but neither option (my house for three days or on the streets) is a good one.