Old 03-29-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stopdropburn
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@kcola That's terribly sad. I don't know anyone anymore who uses crack. But as Justfor1 said....you don't often meet "functional crackheads"...I don't mean that to be rude. But you're already seeing the effects on his health and lifestyle, it only gets worse....clearly it's affecting finances if he's switched to a prepaid phone, additionally - harder to track activity and designate for drug use.....would you be surprised to return and find he sold his boat? I wouldn't. It's sad that he was so rude and indifferent to you - but that is often how addict's become, sometimes they realize it, sometimes they don't. I wish I had an answer of what to do, but it's not something you can control. You can only be there for him to the best of your ability without aiding his addiction and choices, maybe reach out to people close to him for help...and express your concerns and desire to help to him. He has to make the right choice to stop though, you can't do that for him, no matter how much it hurts.