View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
nel68

Originally Posted by 6palms View Post
but why do you coddle the failures (relapses) on this site? I would rather get pissed about getting their sh!t together and encouraging them to do it right and do it more focused...and get rid of the " welcome back bullish!t" I know that I would be one of the posts since i have 6 days followed by a return to dridrink, but it's almost like...we knew you'd be back, try to go longer before you fail this time. Venting...obviously...but wondering how healthy it is...
Quote from a movie... we're alcoholics, we're generally satisfied to hurt ourselves. ... So when/or if we do relapse it is nice to know where to go for the support and know you will be welcomed back!... Know big party/coddling as you refer to it... just people saying they understand and glad you made the choice to come back for help and support. You were wondering how "healthy it is"..umm to welcome them back ..sorry.. your words was coddle the failure(relapses) ..... I'm sure it is alot more healthier to get a warm supportive welcome reception then some tough love,harsh comment that would possibly make someone run away ...because thats not really support.....is it!