View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
seattleoxy

Red face Sick of being hooked on Oxy

Hi there....thanks to all the readers and posters......I see how powerful a "group" setting can be. So long story short.....been on 30 mg of oxycodone a day for 7 years.....started at 10 mgs, then 20, then 30.....and never really went higher. I am HOPING that because of the relatively small dose that my WD symptoms will not be that bad....but I think I am kidding myself and am scared ******** to stop. That being said I HAVE TO STOP. I am sick of dividing my day into 2 hour incraments where I take my little 5mg pill.....8, 10, 12, 2, 4, and 6......I hate my life revolving around these piulls and as I write this I get more frustrated. I LOVE how they make me feel and HATE it at the same time which I am sure we all relate to....

So I guess my questions are does anyone have a similar dosage/story and can you tell me what to expect? I have 15 5mg pills left and am going to either taper or say screw it and go cold turkey. Do you ever go back to normal??? I am a very fun and affable guy that is always the life of the party, witty, etc.....and I have been on these pills for so long I do not remember if I am being charming and funny or the pills! Frustrated and scared ********. I am in sales and always have to be "on" and hope that the pills were not what made me who I am and hope/want/pray to get back to my "normal"

Any suggestions or advice would be great.....very inspired reading these posts.