Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Now my question is.. any advice, other then staying busy, to keep your thoughts from straying towards them? I'm so disgusted that someone could treat people this way. He's done it to all his family and now me. I don't think he'll ever change. He's now in his 3rd relationship, no recovery what so ever, actively using - and well the saying goes 'nothing changes if nothing changes'.
Oh, how I can relate to "disgust".

As far as your thoughts go...it just is. When my AXGF made a rather inglorious exit, for me, that was it. I basically closed a door in my mind, locked that door, and threw the key in the deepest part of the ocean. I accept that she pops into my head every day. I just don't let it affect me. Every day, I thank God for what He's given me in terms of gifts, talents, and (most importantly) the people in my life who love and care for me. And when I compare my AXGF to those people, and the love and support they've given me...well, I'm just thankful that she's gone. So, thinking about your AXBF isn't in and of itself a bad thing. It's only bad when you give it the power to adversely affect you. And from what you've described in your post, Thank God he's gone.

ZoSo