Old 03-26-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Squizz

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
How do I learn who the hell I am when all I know is what alcohol made me???
I'm in no real position to give advice, or make suggestions. But one thing that's always helped me in this regard, is taking inventory. Putting a pen to paper really allows me to see a side of myself that I otherwise would not see.

I first started this practice in a rehab I attended in 2007, and when I do it on a regular basis, I can really start to identify where a lot of my issues lie.

Like I said, this is just what helps me. May be different for you. Maybe joining a club, sports, online activities? I recently sought out a soft-pitch league. I haven't played baseball since that very rehab in 2007, but I'd love to start playing again in the summer!

Even after getting out of jail and off drugs, I was still able to absolutely CRUSH a baseball. All of my junkie/alcoholic brethern were AMAZED. (I still ran like I had a couch on my back, though. lol.)

From there, we started watch I like to call, the "JBA" or "Junkie's Basketball Association" where we'd have pickup games of basketball. The camaraderie shared in those games was AMAZING! Seeing all the smiling faces, when just a week or two earlier, these guys looked DEATHLY ILL.

A little fellowship does go a long way!

Again, this is just my experience.