Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

Hey Dominica I am gald you posted I was begining to worry a little. Congrats on sticking with it. For entertainment I have been pretty well veging out playint computer games and watching movies, but I am easily entertained like that. I played pool Saturday night and stayed sober even at a bar, for the record I am not recomending that especially if you feel tempted to drink but it worked out fine for me because I went there with the knowledge that I never drink anymore. True there were some thoughts this weekend especially the one saying that I had no obligations tomorrow so why not get blasted and have some fun. But I just had to push that aside and remember where I would be if I listened to that part of me. miserable, angry, and depressed all over again. I am no basket of roses right now but I am not kicking myself in the pants either so I am trying to take that as a pluss.

Stick with this Dominica you can do it! Its good that you are reading and getting into running both of those have got to help. What else do/did you like to do? If there was anything that you used to like but alcohol got in the way maybe you can consider getting back into it. For me Saturday it was playing pool, I used to do that drinking in the states because I could take cabs but have stopped since getting here because the cabs might hold you up and drop you halfway accross the city, and I don't speak french so I imagine it would be difficult to tell them where to go anyway. But not drinking I could drive. Not trying to get off the subject so just think about what you used to do. If you are comming up blank there then try to think about something you would like to do or might have just tickeled your fancy a little and throw yourself into it. Whatever it ends up being it has to be better than drinking. Stay Strong.