Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Squizz

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Hey Dom...I didn't give myself time to be bored....I knew what I had to work on....And I worked on it...At two weeks I was going to 2 or 3 meetings a day and setting time aside to do stepwork....I guess I was willing to go to any lengths....It paid off.
This is good advice. I've been volunteering at my dad's shop just to stay busy. That way, I won't sleep in until 10 or 11am every day. And guess what? He even lets me leave to go to AA meetings throughout the day.

With this plan of action, I'm now working on my 25th day of consecutive day of sobriety. (I haven't had a drink in months, but I relapsed on marijuana.)

So my best suggestion would be this: Stay active, in and out of AA. Work the steps, call your sponsor.......Do ANYTHING besides drink or use drugs. I'll admit, I get cravings to drink or use drugs on a regular basis. But I've been staying so active, that by the time I get home at night, I'm just too exhausted.

I'm really starting to see how living a disciplined way of life contributes to staying sober.

Good luck with your recovery Dom! I know you can beat this thing!