Thread: Finally Leaving
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
booksanddolls

Originally Posted by TinaDub View Post
My husband is very charming and usually is the center of attention, however, as his disease of Alcohol progressed it seemed that everyone else got that person and he decided that if he was going to be angry at anything, he was going to take it out on me.
This is the same for me. On Saturday he was being emotionally abuse and almost comatose drunk and then a friend turned up and he was all charming. I keep telling him I don't get the same person all day. I think its harder on our kids because they don't understand why their father is different.

The hardest thing I'm finding right now is that since Sunday morning he has been sober. He's shaking like a fish and having to use the bathroom a lot, but he's sober. He's trying to "dry out" by himself, which I don't think will work. He needs professional help. I feel guilty that none of this will help me stay, but I'm so concerned about how its affecting my children.

Part of me thinks I should give him a second chance but I know that he has had plenty of changes and blown all of them.