Thread: Kids?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
story74

With his background, I would not allow him near my child and make sure this happens by the court. Its not safe. I would move far away from him and change my phone.

I am dealing with a cocaine addict in denial. No violence and I wish I had the power to not allow him in my sons life. Too inconsistent and there is no trust. Unfortunately, he gets 2 hours a week supervised visits per the court. I always think, no non addict would ever let their child around someone who lies, steals and cheats and hurts...so why should I? Because he was a sperm donor? What I wouldn't give to get this man out of my life. A child needs consistency, and someone to show them right from wrong. There is no room for an addict in a child's life. This is just my opinion. My friend once said, if you don't know what to do, don't do anything. But becareful by being too nice. My x addicted husband WAS youth of the year, charming and very well respected. Now, he is an addict. Cannot be trusted and always causing pain. He is selfish. Very very selfish.

Anyways, this touches close to my heart because I have a child and am dealing with an addict x husband who is in denial of his addiction. It is super hard. I try to do everything right by the court and I will always protect my son. Thankfully, 2 hours a week supervised isn't that bad. Day by day. Shower them with love and help guide them to make the right choices. Good luck.