Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Plath

Oh, jeeze.

My son is the opposite; he takes one long nap during the day, one short one in the evening, and still wakes up at least twice in the night for a sip on his bottle.

So, even though my sleep is slightly disrupted during the night, I do get some down time for myself...my husband, on the other hand, really doesn't.

Bill, thanks for the suggestions about finding mom groups. I had a friend who tried to introduce me to a group of like-minded women who get together at a cafe once a week with their kids, but I get really bad social anxiety in situations like that.
I can't even do yoga, I just can't stand the thought of being in a small, personal space with a group of people I don't know.
I'm fine in big, crowded areas like walking around downtown, or even at parties where I don't know very many people, as long as I'm not the only person who doesn't know everybody.
Not that I go to a lot of parties anymore, hahah.

We've had friends and family over for visits, gone to visit my dad, etc., and I have a cousin who lives nearby who has two wonderful adopted children, and I should really focus on spending more time with her. We get along really well, as the two "oddballs" of our seemingly Norman Rockwell family, so I think I'll make a point to call her sometime this week.

I once met up with her at the Science Center with her kids and my son, but I think he's just too young for that sort of thing, and he started to get restless and really cranky so I had to take him home after about a half hour.

But, it's getting warmer (at least for today...where I live, it's generally raining), so I'm hoping to be able to get him out for walks at the park or along the water, etc., and see how he likes it.
Last summer he was too young to really appreciate being outside much, and it was really hot where we were living, so I only had the chance to get him out to the park for about a half hour in the mornings in his stroller before it got sweltering outside.

I'm really looking forward to being able to take him to some neat places now that it's getting warmer...and, when we go to visit my family, it's always warmer over there, and they live in the country, so at least we won't be quite so "boxed in" if/when the weather starts to get nicer.