View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
yo466

Peanut-

Welcome to SR. My health was definitely effected by alcohol use. I was overwieght, had high blood pressure, no energy and felt like crap all the time mostly from being hungover. Since I quit I lost 50 pounds, got in shape and have a ton of more energy. I can honestly say I feel better than I felt since I was in high school, and I am in my late thirties now.

More than anything my mental health was affecting my physical health. I had terrible anxiety and would be absolutely exhausted at the end of each day. Now I have energy after work to actually have some fun and get out and do things.

Quitting for me at the start was very scary, so I hear you there. My whole world for half of my life was built around alcohol so I had no idea what I was going to do with myself. If you can take the first step to stop, then you can begin the process of healing your body and mind. It's a long process with a lot of twists and turns and you'll have bad days, but having some good days and bad days is better than having no good days at all if you're addicted. Good luck to you on your journey.