View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jennifer124

Oh gosh, I was in the same situation. I was 25, he was 30. We both drank because it is a young thing to do, getting to know each, fun. Fast forward 6+ years, I am going though a tortuous break up and feel like an idiot for holding on so long with the idea that "if I do this, he will change, if I say this, he will change, if I threaten this, he will change, if I don't do this, he will change, if he loves me, he will change."
I was not put on this planet to take away another person's free will. But I am not on this planet to be miserable, cleaning up after a drunk, revolving (albeit stupidly) my life around making him happy and comfortable in order to not rock the boat. Because if I rocked the boat, it was an excuse for him to go out drinking.
Decide if that is what you want in your life. Because you will inevitably turn into a mess of a mad woman trying to control (NOT possible) his drinking, tease though the lies (what is a lie, what is the truth), broken promises, and WAITING for him to get home, only to have him pass out of the living room floor. Yes, I am bitter and cynical, but at least I am not a crying mess anymore.
You are soooo young, please live your life!!!!!!