View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
justrae83

Oh girl.....when i meet my exbf back when i was 22 (7 years ago) He drank in the morning, at night...and LOVED HIS WEEKENDS cuz he got smashed! It only gets worse and worse. Your lucky he told you he has a problem, i had to find out on my own. I thought he would change and get better...he did. FOR ONLY A YEAR. Then he was back to drinking again...If i were you..KEEP reading all of these forms and you will know when people say RUN DONT WALK the other way. Staying with an addict only leaves to therapy. ha ha. I to was told by my exbf that "i was a mother" more then a girlfriend, i felt i had to be.

As far as telling him to get help....he wont listen. Addicts can only change when they want to. COLD HARD FACT that took me 7 years to figure out. I thought i could help, i could chang him. We cant. Giving him an ulumatuim wont work iether. You ahve to accept the way he is now or move on. It sucks but it is the truth, i wish people wold have given me this advice years ago....but i dont think i would have listend. I was in love, and when you love someone....love is blind.