View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Thumper

Oh my goodness. Please call adult services at your local DSS (department of social services) office. You are experiencing a dangerous level of abuse that will probably get worse. They would help you. You could also call a Domestic Violence Hotline in your area and they would provide some assistance and support.

Who has legal custody of her children? Some states have grandparent laws that establish visitation rights. That might be something to look into so that the fear of not seeing the children doesn't keep a very abusive and unstable person in your home.

I do not know how immediately serious your health issues are but if you have anyone (sibling, close friend, other children) that can be established as a power of attorney for medical decisions and/or financial decisions, that would go into effect at the time you could no longer make those decisions, it would be wise to put that in place now. I had to pay $150 to have that done (I am POA for my dad). You do not want her to have that kind of power over you.