Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jobei

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Even from the people you drank/drink with?...I was always a pretty popular guy as a kid and even through a good portion of my drinking career...I liked being around people. I started drinking at a very young age...I was experimenting with it at around the age of 12...And by 15 I was drinking alcoholically. I loved this line I heard a guy say in a meeting one day...That alcoholics are the only people that cure lonliness with isolation...That was me...I found that as my disease progressed....The more I just wanted to drink alone.
Yea man that's exactly how it has been for me... I used alcohol to help isolate myself from people big time. It would make it so I didn't feel lonely... didn't feel anything much at all as a matter of fact except for sick on the floor pretty much everyday before I started drinking again that day. For several years now I'd just go to work (when I made it there) and come home... get obliterated... call some family members and be a jerk... eat some bad food... then pass out. Wake up feeling terrible and then stop at the liquor store before work. The strange part is that inside I knew what I was doing was not right but I just didn't care. I'd justify it by saying that it was better than feeling the "pain". When I think about it now... the "pain" was CREATED by the drinking for the most part! So in just the short 3 weeks that I've stopped drinking I notice that I'm getting out more and socializing in much more constructive ways than when I was drinking... I see a lot more smiles... including my own!