Thread: boundaries
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats to you for seeking healthy things for YOU in this situation ~ that is not only awesome for you ~ but great for your son!!

Now, this is just my thoughts on the issue with visitation so please take what you like and leave the rest - let your HP be your guide as you make these decisions. . .

FOR ME ~ just because you happen to be a Mother/Father doesn't mean that you are ENTITLED to rights to a child, especially if you have exhibited behaviors/actions that have been proven to be harmful or endangering to the child.

FOR ME ~ I have to base my decisions on a person's actions not on their words or best intentions . . . I know my step-son would never intentionally hurt his daughter (our granddaughter) but sometimes this disease prevents him from making healthy decisions to protect her ~ therefore Mr. PINK & I have to limit her contact\visit with him.

After a while, if he ever gets in recovery and provides extended examples of healthy responsible behaviors and actions ~ then we would reconsider the time we allow her to spend with him. . .

That's just how we handle it ~

Praying God's very Best for ALL in this situation!

PINK HUGS,
Rita