View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
BASEjumper
Gone In

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
How members share and dont share is of awesome importance of course here at SR or anywhere else. Quality has value. Sharing is the lifeblood of recovery. Of course it matters. Hundreds of thousands of shares attest to how much it matters.

Getting personal and pointing to me as a person that I am of no consequence is amusing, you know?

I agree there's value in sharing, I spent months and months in an OP rehab group, and I found the most value in the mutual support of the group sharing their experiences as we went through the early recovery process together.

I still find value in listening to what others say about recovery, and you can learn as much from a fool as from a sage. But do I care if someone thinks the way I stay sober won't work or is critical of my methodology and my chances? Not one bit. From time to time I get criticism and gloom and doom predictions about how I don't go to meetings and 'work a program'. What they mean is I don't work their program, so I just smile and say thank you.

What I do works for me, and that's what I care about.