Thread: On Day Four...
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Heidi76

Day 7!!

Thanks for all your support folks, the last few days have been really positive, all my friends now know that I have given up drinking, which was quite difficult to say as within that statement is an admission of a problem...a problem that I have been denying for a long time.
Everyone in my immediate social group have been fantastic in that they have not over analysed my decision because I think they know that would make me uncomfortable, instead they have been quietly supportive, which for my personality type is the best lol.
Last night I met my friend in a pub and quite happily sat with soft drinks, in saying that I did not stay out as long as I normally would, not becuase I was craving alcohol but simply because I was bored because I was sober, which I believe is a slightly different thing.
Feeling very positive and as if I have achieved something, have already noticed a difference in how I am managing day to day, the bonus is I am on annual leave from my work right now so it was a good time from that perspective to quit.

First week down, only the rest of my life to go lol, love to you all,spk soon xx