Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12skiptomylue

First off, I double posted by accident because I didn't think the original post went thru. I feel bad having two open posts that are the same!

Impurrfect. Even six months seems like a long time. It's not that I don't think I could do six months, cause I totally think I "could". But it's that I don't know that I want to. Drinking has become part of my lifestyle. I drink to celebrate, to relax, after I've had a hard day. I drink with friends.

On my last post, I said that I would quit this coming monday. I knew I had plans for tonight, and I'm going out of town tomorrow to celebrate something. And I have no plans on getting blasted. I do know that I drink to feel it, but I'm not a binge drinker, and I don't have to get drunk every time I drink. I guess I don't really know how to celebrate something without having a drink. It's like the "special" thing to do.

Dee, you bring up a good point. And you are right, it wasn't the first time that I have drove when I probably shouldn't have.

I guess my thinking, and when I've tried to talk to some friends who drink, everyone says "it's normal". I get flirty when I drink, and although it has never landed me in a dangerous position because I am still aware of where I am, and where my friends are in relation to me, I still do flirt a lot, and make out with random guys. And I do a lot of text flirting. But doesn't everyone do that when they drink? And yes, I get a little loud. Not in a mean way, usually just flirting, or thinking I'm being funny. For example, I was drinking at a college bar last year, and reinacted the "when harry met sally" restaurant scene. Normally, I'm pretty reserved and very self conscious, so it's nice to let some of that go.

It's kind of silly that I am posting on a forum of people with self identified alcohol problems....and I'm expecting you all to tell me I don't have a problem. My original intention of coming here was to try and prove that I don't have an alcohol problem.
Maybe I should make a list as to why I "might" have a problem, and why I don't have a problem. In my mind though, I can justify a lot of the things that would be on the "might" list. And I know that is called denial, and I know I sound like every alcoholic in the world when I say, but in my case, it's really true!!