Old 03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hopefulwife710

Thank you all for your kind words. The sticky notes here were very helpful and I looked up some Naranon meetings in my area and there is one Thursday evening, so I think I will try to attend. Kuan-after he gets out of inpatient, he will be continuing with AA meetings with his sponsor, going to a local outpatient program 3 days a week, and he has an appointment with his doctor to go on the Vivitrol shot. I did actually change banks, set up a new PIN number last month, right after his relapse binge.
I'm trying to focus on me as I know I need help to "recover" too- reading the information on codependent people was a real eye opener, as many of the characteristics completely describe me. I think I've always been that way, even before I met my husband.
gurlie-thanks for the book recommendation! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and keep me posted for how you're doing when your husband comes home.

Thanks everyone. I know that this is something that he is going to have to work at the rest of his life, it just can feel so daunting and scary. I can only imagine how he is feeling with all of this.