View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
langkah

Not sure of your State, but in mine there was a lag time between getting popped and the Motor Vehicle Dept becoming involved. It gave me the time to report my license stolen, then receive a replacement from them and thus have a spare for ID and other purposes when they demanded I surrender my old one to them, or when they'd put an embarrassing big red 'RESTRICTED' stamp on it.

There are lots of games and he no doubt knows how to play them if he's appearing calm and serene and easily staying completely away from alcohol and drugs, able to reject the suggestion of his Psychiatrist because he knows better about these matters.

I loved it when the attorney asked for extension after extension, to where it seemed like ancient history when it finally made it to court and it was clear to all how very good I'd been for a very long time. At that point minimal sentences make perfect sense to everyone, and I could appear convincingly chastened and much wiser now for my long ago error.

I'd expect he's been informed of the likely outcome and is ok with it, since it will be greatly reduced from the possible. His attitude makes sense that way.

Plus, he has a nice trip away to look forward to. Nice trips away can be great opportunities if a guy is feeling restricted through no real fault of his own and too closely observed to be able to cut loose and relax like any normal fella. Not too much as we certainly wouldn't want trouble, just the tiniest bit is all.