View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

No punishment for the DUI yet?

My AH got his DUI about 4 weeks ago. He got a lawyer right away who has been going to his court proceedings, which have only been a pre-hearing so far. Anyway, he's still driving. I have no idea what the lawyer is doing with the DMV but my AH said that he's still allowed to drive as far as he can tell. It just doesn't make any sense.
I don't want to see him punished terribly as we are trying to heal our relationship and get things back on track but he's talking about taking trips back to visit family to settle some business, etc and I find it weird that he's not focusing on 'what if I'm in jail soon?, when am I going to get the license restrictions put upon me?, will I be able to rent a car in the future?, what about the igniton interlock device?, etc' It's like he's doing just great right now. I guess the crap will hit the fan eventually and I'm just sitting here waiting it out. I have no idea how he's going to handle the fallout.

He did see his psychiatrist yesterday and the guy told him to go to AA, but I haven't seen any indication that he intends to follow through on that. He is still not drinking as far as I can tell. And, I'm still working on my trust issues and on setting some proper boundaries.