View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by AlwaysGrowing View Post
I would say beat him with a Come to Senses Stick but now a days you end up in jail for that...

On a serious note it sounds like time to walk away and the most opportune time since you don't live together. Better fish are out there. Why waste time, effort and your life..
The Come to Senses stick is a funny image.

Yeah, I talk to him about how I've changed a lot about who I am and what I want out of life, and I would like to be with him but we are just so different now that it may be a fundamental incompatibility type of issue. He says he does want to change and is changing, but not as fast as I have... that I'm way ahead of him and to be patient and wait for him. But then I get frustrated because it seems like he doesn't want to, or maybe can't, change. His outlook on life is so negative and he doesn't see the point in trying, most of the time. He loves me and is very positive about me/us but everything else in his life he looks at as bleak and depressing and he is so negative about life in general. It just feels weird because I have this really positive hopeful outlook now and he'll ask me how I think the way that I do or what he should do to think differently, but whatever I tell him, he scoffs at or says it doesn't work for him.