View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by suffering0605 View Post
Thanks stepping and sissy. I called the Detox center but they said nothing is available until Thursday. I am on the list and they have my contact info. if anything opens up earlier they will call me, but the guy on the phone said i either need to wait til thursday to detox or go to the ER. I simply just dont have the money for the ER so it looks like i will have to wait a couple more days. I know alcohol Detox can be lethal, so i think its best to wait until im under medical supervision.
Sucks that you have to wait but it also gives you some time to think/reflect......

Do you want this to be the last time you ever detox? Are you ready to commit to sobriety.....for life? Are you willing to look at what life totally free from booze/drugs is like and, assuming you like what you see, make a commitment to that new lifestyle? --those are some of the questions I'd suggest you ask yourself....and spend some time with them too. Don't just rifle off a quick-fire answer either.......think about them and let an answer come on it's own.

I've seen/known farrrr too many ppl who detox, stay straight for a while then go right back at it all over again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Some never make it back to their next detox..... keep that in mind. We're not promised unlimited shots at this deal. It's a bit like Russian Roulette.

GETTING clean is a bitch......but it's not worth much without the STAYING clean portion, yanno?

The cool thing though...... STAYING clean will be more fun than you've ever had if you do it right. And for that....I'd be happy to help show you a way.