View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Admitting and then denying

What do you do when they sometimes admit to having a problem and even say they want help/AA and then other times sound completely non-sensical, make excuses and say they don't have a problem??? It is so frustrating.

For background purposes (I've posted here before and it's helped a lot), I'm over four months sober and my boyfriend has a drinking problem. Well, in my opinion and the opinion of most everyone who has seen how he drinks or to whom I have talked about it, he does, but apparently in his own opinion, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.

It's so exasperating and yesterday I caught him lying to me about how much he was drinking for the first time ever. That's not to say it hasn't happened before but this is the first time I've had proof. I just want to scream because I don't want to leave him but it looks like I don't have a choice. I'm just really sad right now. Just this week he was admitting to having a problem and saying he wanted help. Then he sneaks drinks and lies and then apologizes for lying but says he doesn't think his drinking is that big of a deal?!?!?! It makes no sense. Thanks for reading.