Thread: Hello.
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spinach

Hello.

So many questions !
Firstly after an easy few months doing the off and on thing . No drink Monday through Friday couple of beers Fri /Sat after 30 or more years of bouncing of walls to get to bed every day , those stairs move so quick! Every few years an attempt to stop years of saying tonight just a couple always failing .Times of just too much then months of so so much.
The day came and went with not too much stress not much sleep but the sleep I had was much better than normal.Day 8 of wanting never to touch a drop and feeling good until complete panic felt I was going to die looking at my beautiful wife ,three kids brought tears of panic and sadness no appetite slight nausea.
No craving What is happening.
Also gained one hell of a ache over my liver that wasn't there before.
Can cope with that but hell I've become jumpy no problems the first week.
Is this normal !!!!!
Oh I'm John wanting this for some decades .My life is good ,we are inspight of my attempts a good couple and good parents to amazing kids. My wife knows I'm trying to stop for good but giving no pressure .
I've enjoyed reading your forum and know I will need help . Not sure I can do the steps can't cope with meetings yet need to be sober at the heart of my family now and lick wounds and plan . I enjoy sober ,missing the rush of the first drink when problems dissolve but apart from tears and emotional ride it's good.
Though I must be aware of apathy.
Thanks J.