Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Florence

Hm, this is exactly where I'm at. RAH is about five months sober, and while he appears to be totally fine I'm crawling out of my skin with resentments. We talked about it a few nights ago and he said of course he's happy with where he is, in relation to where he was, that is. But he knows that I'm not happy and he knows he's got a long way to go to make up for the crap he pulled while drinking. Something anvilhead keeps saying which reminds me to have some empathy is that these guys are babies when it comes to living with sobriety. They're really feeling it out, learning how to cope with the day to day without alcohol, and unlearning their old bad habits. I'm making peace with the peace (lord knows I don't want the chaos) and trying to give him a fair shake to make things right. If I had a choice I wouldn't want to divorce him, but if life looks like it does today in a year or two without any progress... well, I'd rather be married to my husband than be married to a nice, if distant, roommate.

My two cents.