Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
langkah

He's being honest. Or I should say 'honest-ish', and I identify with him down the line.

The last 3 duis I endured were directly my ex's fault. She wasn't around for my first, that one was The Majorette's fault. On my 2nd she was back at home and left me out alone fending for myself on a Saturday night. In her defense she did come out right away in her night robe to the site of my wrecked car in the rain, so she got some points for that.

My 3rd she was out of town visiting her girlfriend and I had to go drinking at a drive-in all alone. She was sorry and agreed to shape up after that one.

But no, on my 4th she was up to her old tricks again and had to work all day while I went drunk fishing alone. Even all banged and stitched up I called a friend to pick me up from the hospital, making a silent statement regarding her meanness in putting me in those situations.

You don't want to hear how her actions and attitudes drove me to bizarre encounters that probably scarred not only me but also many of the ladies' families.

You'd think after causing that kind of wreckage and grief she'd be sorry and treat me nicely, with kid gloves and do the kinds of things she should have been doing all along, but NOOooo, it was AIDs testing and all sorts of precautions for months. Luckily she never found out that she'd pushed me into that since way before we were married and all along the way. She never could understand I was just a guy who needed a little more fun than most.

Anyway, I just wanted to say your husband isn't surprising or out of the norm at all among the alcoholic crowd. If he gets sober someday we'll know exactly where he's coming from when he tells his warped version of things.

It's no doubt infuriating to you to see things clearly when he sees reality so skewed. Fact is he honestly believes his twisted version, and believes yours is off base completely.

Hope things change for the better in the not too distant future.